Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Drill With Dad!



While Brannon was doing his Annual Training this year, he had the "unique" lol opportunity to show the employers of Idaho National Guard soldier's, what they do when they come to Gowen Field to train. Brannon called it a Dog and Pony Show.. Anyway, Brannon was in charge of showing them the Humvee simulator. Because the Humvees are so top heavy they like to roll over a lot, so the simulator, simulates a Humvee rolling over so the soldiers can practice getting out of an upside down vehicle. It is actually pretty funny, the employers wanted to do it, but alas that would be a safety hazard. Although I think taking them for a ride in the Blackhoks was a bit more of a hazard. Whatever!! The girls and I went into Boise to watch Brannon do the "show" for a few hours since we hadn't seen him in over a week. They loved it, Addie wouldn't let Bran out of her sights! Boy was she upset when we left!! We also got to go into a Tank simulator, very cramped, I don't think I would enjoy that job. The employers where able to go in and do mock missions. The girls and I sat in the command central trailer and watched on the big screen how crappy the drivers where! One even mowed down a civilian!! I learned a ton. I think Dad would have loved seeing how all of it worked.

No comments: