



Well I have been steadily knocking down my to do list. We got the girl's new room painted, ceiling, molding, and 2 colors. We also got the chair rail up and painted. Brannon did a great job of it!! Really proud of him! Bunk beds are up and girls are moved into the room. They love it!! I am really happy with the way the room turned out. I feel like I finally had a complete vision of what I wanted a room to look like and it came out that way! I am still waiting on some vinyl and a few other decorations I want to do but very close to all done. What a great feeling. The girls are loving sharing a room. We hear them giggling and talking after we put them to bed. It is so cute. Now if Adalea would quit falling out of bed! Funny side note. While painting their room I wrote both girls name on the walls before I rolled. Addie thought it was great and recognized her and Maisie's name right away. Problem was she was distraught after I rolled and the names were gone. Almost every morning since one of the first things out of her mouth is when are you going to paint my name again Mom. I am trying to explain to her that a friend is doing vinyl lettering of her name and it will be here soon!! It is so funny, she won't let it go!
I got the new spare room painted this weekend as well as had a yard sale. We got rained out today which was a bummer because we put so much work into getting ready and all that. I did make some money, almost enough to pay for all the paint and bedding for 3 new rooms! Grateful for that!! I am also VERY grateful for two great girls, Sydney and Savanna, who helped me paint both rooms. It would have taken me so much longer to get it all done!! They were great and so fun to be with. I can't thank them enough for all their help!!!
Maisie is done with school. We are looking forward to summer, and having down time. Unfortunately we aren't traveling at all this summer. To close to due date now and I don't really want to travel with an infant right away, so that kills our summer months. Plus we have to find a van before we can travel anywhere!! The girls do have swimming lessons in August which will be fun for them!
Brannon started Annual Training today so we will see very little of him for the next week and a half. We are so lucky he has two trainings this summer. The other one starts the day after I am due to have the baby!! No stress there!
Addie is doing well with potty training. We are really proud of her. And she is staying in her big girl bed pretty well. She is just a procrastinator at bed time. Still no naps, or at least no scheduled naps. She falls asleep randomly every few days. Like this picture. On the stairs!! Not sure how that one happened. It is pretty funny!
I'm going to get all the spare room/scrap stuff moved in to the new room this week. So then my studio will be back to normal!! I hate all the upheaval of switching rooms!! I am however waiting for my Dad to come in July to paint the nursery. I am very worn out and done with painting for awhile. I am so glad I have a Dad who can help!!! Although I am sure he is going to grumble when he sees what I want him to do!!!
Next great to do.... make 120 diapers and get baby stuff ready!



4 comments:
The room looks great!! I'm glad the girls like it!! Hope you are all doing well!!
Love the girls room! Can't wait to come and see everything. I can't believe you have done all this now, but guess no choice! Glad Addie is feeling better. love ya...Mom
The room looks great! Cute colors. Hey, get that little girl a bed railing! I can't believe how much Addie has changed already! :) Miss you guys.
It's me Ryanne! It's been so long but yet it feels like yesterday all at the same time. Anyway, I wish I lived closer to you so that we could hang out with you and your adorable family. When is #3 due? And it would be fun to work on projects with you. We need to catch up soon. I'll get your number from Cass. Love and miss you lots!
Post a Comment