Maisie finally had her surgery June 19th on the moles on her head. They biopsied them several months ago and they came back not so good. SO a pediatric surgeon removed them. She had to go under for about 2 hours to get it all done. The surgeon was really careful to only remove the hair that he had to. We were really concerned she would have major bald patches. He did a great job and Maisie was a trooper. She was so brave getting her IV ( the staff actually sent her a card after wards telling her how brave she was for 7 and that she did a great job!). It took a little while for her to come around but she did great and we got to head home a few hours after surgery. We have to put cream on the incisions 4 times a day and clean them. She goes in July 2nd to have the stitches removed. There are 29 stitches total in 4 areas. She will have to go back in about 6 months or so to have a few more removed. The Dr didn't want her to have incisions on every part of her head. That would make for some uncomfortable sleeping so we will do this is in 2 phases. At least now we know what to expect!! We are so proud of Maisie!!!
September: in pictures
10 years ago



3 comments:
Oh my!! You're family needs a break from all these surgeries!! I hope she is feeling better soon and you can all be done with them!
Tammy, I had no idea Maisie had to have surgery. I am sorry I did not make it to your Baby shower. Makayla and I were so sick with the flu it lasted about 7 days I had to go in for fluilds. And we are still up to our ears in boxes. When I get my new phone I will call you.
Wow, do you think you have all of these medical problems out of the way so that you can celebrate your new baby boy? I'm so excited for pictures! :)
Post a Comment