Monday, August 31, 2009

Canning

I have decided every post does not need a picture. To much work right now. Today has been a very long day. A day that reminds me why I decided not to do to much canning this year with a new baby. I canned 16 quarts of spaghetti sauce, 5 pints of spaghetti sauce, 7 pints of tomatoes with peppers, 9 pints of just plain tomatoes.... Dehydrated 1/4 bushel of peaches. Picked the raspberries... and nursed, changed, and snuggled when needed a baby. Fed 2 little girls who watched way to much TV today and started dinner. Days like today make me feel like a super hero for getting it all done, but exhausted because it takes so much out of me! Earlier this last week I canned 10 quarts of beans, and 12 pints of beans. I am so almost done with all this. And to think I didn't even do peaches and pears this year!! Also picked up Maisie's uniforms today to!! She looks so cute! Picture to follow!!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Unbelievable! I remember too well the work! You will be grateful come winter. Good Girl!