Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Addie"isms"

I have to take a moment to tell you all about Addie. This girl is so fun. Because Maisie has been so easy in most every way I sometimes get a little overwhelmed with little Addie. She is soooo independent it's not funny. The most common words out of her mouth are "I DO IT!" followed by hold me, snuggle me, and chocolate milk please! She says " thank me" instead of thank you. To funny, and no matter how many times we correct this she has not gotten the hang of it yet. In any given day she will change her clothes 5-6 times. If I don't keep her laundry put away she gets into the baskets and keeps looking tell she finds something "soft" enough. No joke. She rubs everything we put on her on her face to see if it is soft enough to wear. The girl hates jeans! Every day for nap time I have to put her back into pj's. She will not go to sleep in regular clothes, and if I don't change her she will do it herself since her pj's are in a drawer she can get into. She had us cover her crib with blankets to make a tent out of her bed. And she will not sleep without her blanket and special pillow. She is my junk food junky. She can find candy anywhere! Loves Mama Mia, asks to watch it every day. We have had to literally hide the DVD just to get a break from watching it. She loves to sing and dance around. Has strong opinions about cartoons and will let you know when she does not like something. Has to do her own buckle in her car seat. She so badly wants to do anything and everything Maisie does! Addie loves to help clean and do the laundry, she yells at me if I don't let her throw all the clothes in the wash and hand her all the wet clothes to go into the dryer. She puts the silverware away every time (correctly too). Addie has not let us help her eat since she was nine months old. And now all of a sudden she wants help eating all the time??? What is this about? She is good natured in stores, and loves to help me put my coupons in my binder. Bedtime is still hit and miss with this one, some nights go great not a peep, and down she goes. Other nights we hear her calling for us for 20 min. Bran being the softy he is usually goes in and holds her, which I keep telling him is not helping. Loves the camera (good thing). She is afraid of stairs. We have to hold her hand to get her to walk up or down. It seems like every time she starts getting a hang of it she takes a bad fall and goes back to crawling up and down again. We are currently in a doing it ourselves sometimes stage. I feel bad for her the stairs are as high as her knees, I don't think taking 15 stairs like that would be to easy on me if they were to my knees.... So obviously Addie is short, like not on the chart kind of short. Dr was worried, I told him we don't come from geneticly height blessed geans(sp)! But not light, she is a solid little girl. We think she is going to catch Maisie is size in another year or so if Maisie doesn't start growing. Addie is either all good or all bad I've decided. Few people get to see her naughty side but it exists and it is something to behold! We get to spend all day together since Maisie is in first grade, and we just have so much fun. She is such a little helper. When I am having a bad day and not feeling well, she always asks what she can get me. She will keep asking me headache and tells me she will be shush. I love this little girl. The differences in our kids is remarkable and so fun. Each day I look forward to what she will say or do next.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

love hearing about her...i want to see them!!!!

Emily said...

She is adorable!

Cassie said...

It was so great to read all of that. I think that I have honestly seen her less then 5 times her whole life....