Friday, March 27, 2009

To sew or not to sew...




I'm trying to get ready for this new little one, and to do that I need to get all his little diapers made. I made this one for Addie, obviously it's pink and that would never do for a little boy. I am just trying to perfect the pattern before I start making a bunch, and I need to see how they fit on a baby. I have also started making some cute burp clothes. I also got some fun fabric to make a nursing cover. I am trying to find the perfect fabric to make his nursery with. That's a tough one!! I want to make some things for this little guy. I feel bad I can't make him a blessing gown, or dozens of dresses, don't know what to do for him..... Going to have to think about this. With Brannon gone, I get the bug to sew more than normal. I really should be folding laundry, maybe tomorrow. O by the way Brannon got his cast off today in Arkansas.. He is sore but glad to have it off. His stitches look horrible, and he says he is going to have a nasty scare. On a fun note, we met our new neighbor today. Her name is Tish and she has two daughters, one 9 and one 15. Our girls played together for hours today!!! They had a great time. We are really excited because we don't have to many little girls around here to play with!! And Tish is starting beauty school in a week.... so I'm going to be getting my hair done cheap!( in a few months or so!!)

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I have a few words for you...first DISPOSABLE....second few... SEWING IS OVERATED...you make me look bad!!! Don't worry, you will have PLENTY of opportunities to sew things for your little boy....scout uniform patches, endless patches on thier jeans (like every two weeks). In my world that's why I live close to mom.

Megan said...

I love those fabrics!! You are going to have a blast!!