
Ok I know I have been very negligent with this blog. I just don't have the passion for it that others do. But I will try to do better because I know it means a lot to others to see pictures and have an update. I know I love reading everyone elses blogs!
Maisie is in First grade and loving every moment! She grows up so fast. She is trying so hard to learn everything. She really is a child who likes to please. She brings us joy each day with her sweet attitude and loving nature. She is really becoming a good artist. She spends hours each day drawing and coloring! We permed her hair, looked great for a while but is beginning to fall out. She still loves to have time to snuggle and is in the 6 yr old habit of delaying bedtime. She is becoming a pro!!
Addie is getting so big! Well not tall but older. She has decided she will talk now, and won't shut up! She repeats everything and has dozens of new words every day. It's literally like she woke up one morning and decided she would do it, and she had it in her all the time. She has a amazing sense of humor, and loves to tease and play jokes. I really enjoy my time with her each day when Maisie is in school. She loves to help around the house and is always wanting to clean with the wet wipes! She also had her first dentist appointment. It went.... ok... the pictures says it all!
I helped manage a huge pumpkin patch called Linder Farms this fall. That ate up 40-45 hours of my week starting at 3 pm each day. Longest 7 weeks I have had in a long time!! I didn't get to tuck my girls into bed that whole time. Stunk! I have a firmer testimony about mothers staying home now then I ever have. But I did learn a lot, and I now know more about pumpkins then I ever thought possible!
I did a ton ( I mean a ton) of canning this fall. Peaches, pears, tomatoes, beans, apricots, salsa, applesauce, and we put up a ton of stuff from our garden into freezers. We even had to buy a second fridge freezer to accommodate it all. Our garden went fairly well. Some things did great others not so much. I kept a garden journal so hopefully each year will get a little better. Lots of work but I really enjoy it. I am most excited about a 20 ft. row of raspberries we put in. We only got a few berries by the end of the year. I am hoping for a bunch next season!! I also dehydrated tons of fruit puree into homemade fruit leather. We all love it. I don't think I can ever go back to regular fruit roll ups! Thanks to my Dad for giving (loaning) me his big dehydrator. Our lawn came in beautifully thanks to Brannon's hard work and some help from a friend. The girls are loving being able to play out back, and I am loving not having to sit out there with them all the time like I do in the front yard.
Brannon continues to work to much for the military. He does such a great job of providing for us and he works harder than anyone I know. We were scheduled to deploy the first part of 2010... but all of a sudden his unit is off the radar and now deployment is off for now. Being the military I will take it for what its worth, things change all the time. Although I am so happy not to have a deployment looming over our heads any longer. It changes how we live our lives and I do not like that. Knowing Bran will be around for another few years gives me such comfort and I look forward to our time together. Something I quit taking for granted when he last deployed. I am so lucky to have found such a great man who loves me! Mom's not sure I deserve him! I might have to agree!!



No comments:
Post a Comment